World Tourism Day
1. The Islamia University of Bahawalpur celebrated ‘World Tourism Day’ on 27/09/2021 at Ladies Study Park, Baghdad ul Jadeed Campus, Bahawalpur, Pakistan organized by IUB-DoST (Directorate of Sustainable Tourism). The opportunity was taken to introduce the website of IUB-DoST: https://dost.iub.edu.pk
2. Prof Dr. Naveed Akhtar, Pro-Vice-Chancellor IUB was the ‘Chief Guest’.
3. Mr. Kaifeng Yang & Mr. Mingliang Xiong from the Peoples Republic of China were ‘Guests of Honour’. Their organization ‘Yuwell Medical Company’ is the first foreign company to promote ‘Health Tourism’ in Pakistan. They extended full cooperation to support the programs of IUB-DoST.
4. Tourism Development Corporation of Punjab (TDCP) was represented by Mr. Misbah Ishaq (Regional Manager), Mr. Irfan Mehmood (Senior Tourism Office) & Mr. Muhammad Usman (Information Technology Officer). TDCP is the strategic partner of IUB for the regional development of the tourism sector.
5. Bahawalpur Chamber of Commerce (BCCI) was represented by Sheikh Ghulam Farid (SVP), Mr. Muneeb Malik (VP), Mr. Mansoor Ahmad (MEC), Mr. Ahmad Ali Jabbar (MEC) & Malik Muhammad Aijaz Nazam (MEC). (BCCI) is already working on various joint ventures with IUB.
6. Bahawalpur Economic Development Forum (BEDF Vision 2040) was represented by Dr. Umair Rizwan who leads the Tourism Sector of the forum and offered full support.
7. Cross Road Club (Heavy Biker’s Association) was represented by Mr. Qaiser Hamid, Mr. Muhammad Fayyaz, Mr. Ali Sultan, Mr. Shahid Iqbal & D.M Jamil. They heartily participated in uniform with striking heavy bikes & tent display.
8. Prof Dr. Shazia Anjum (Dean Faculty of Science IUB), Prof Dr. Nasreen Akhtar (Chairperson, Hall Council & Department of Special Education), Prof Dr. Wajid Ali Khan (Chairman, Dept of Media Studies), Dr. Asif Ranjah (Chairman Dept of Social Work), Dr. Amar Khan (Chairman, Dept of Waste Control) Mr. Junaid Qureshi (Asst Professor Dept. of Admin Sc) and other honorable faculty members also graced the occasion.
9. Dr. Muhammad Imran Rasheed (H.O.D Department of Tourism & Hotel Management & Chairman DoST), Mr. Hamid Murtaza (Asst Professor DT&HM), Ms. Kalsoom Akhtar (Member Syndicate & DT&HM) wholeheartedly participated in the event.
10. Mr. Shahzad Ahmad Khalid (Director Press, Media & Publication), Mr. Arif Ramooz (Additional Registrar), Major Syed Ejaz Hussan Shah (CSO), Ms. Fatima Muzahir (D.R P.A), Mr. Waseem Ahmad Siddique (PSO to VC), Mr. Hafiz Muhammad Asghar (D.R I.T), Mr. Junaid Ahmad (A.D IT) and other Administrative staff of IUB enlivened the occasion.
11. The hosts of the evening were Mr. Agha Sadaf Mehndi (Master of the Ceremony), Mr. Salman Qureshi (Director DoST), Mrs. Abida Firdous (Addl. Director DoST), Mr. Muhammad Irfan (Deputy Director DoST), Mr. Athar Bashir (Asst Director DoST) & Mr. Tariq Faraz (Administrative Officer DoST), Mr. Jahanzaib Rahmat, (Assistant Warden & Member Event Organizers) besides the hostel administration from girls & boys sections.
12. Tourism Promotion Society of IUB headed by Farhan Mansoor enthusiastically participated in the event management. The students of the Department of Tourism & Hospitality Management were also present to enjoy the evening.
13. A colorful function was arranged with live food counters, beautiful songs by the Performing Arts Society, folk dances & songs by Cholistani Performers, fire emitter lady, Cholistani musical instruments, instant medical check-up followed by a lavish dinner were the salient features of the evening.
14. The purpose of the event was to promote a soft image of Pakistan and support Pakistani products and tourist destinations.
15. The Director DoST apprised the participant that patriotic Pakistanis residing in different countries are going to be nominated as Chapter-Chairs (C.C) of respective countries who will help in promoting Pakistani culture, heritage, handicrafts & tourist destinations. Some C.Cs have already been confirmed.
16. The messages of Mr. Muhammad Hassan Qureshi, Chapter-Chair (Texas, USA), and Mr. Nayyar Abbas, Chapter-Chair (Germany) were played on-screen; who showed their exhilaration to promote Pakistan as a tourist destination.
17. The messages of some tourists who had already visited Bahawalpur in the past were also played in which they loved their memorable visits and would love to come back.
18. The event ended with a request to all devoted Pakistani Individuals, public & private companies to come forward and lend their helping hands to the cause in whichever capacity they can.
19. IUB-DoST will welcome them and work closely to contribute towards the growth of Pakistan.